skip to navigation
Pampers® Village a place to grow
Welcome! Join now or Log in
USA | EN - ES

Q&A:
Is it dangerous for my baby to play with magazines?

0   people commented
on this article
 
0
 
0
Read bio Hide bio Hide

Question


Is it dangerous for my baby to play with magazines?

Answer


You have probably not heard this before because this is certainly not the most common source of lead exposure. Lead-based paints are the most common source of lead ingestion. It is true, however, that some dyes used in items such as newspapers, magazines, and wrappers contain lead. Touching these items isn't harmful, but if a child were to repeatedly ingest such items, some lead could be absorbed into the body. And it's very common, and normal, for babies and toddlers to put things in their mouth. They're very curious, and this is one way they learn about the world around them. You certainly want your child to look at books and magazines, but please try to keep her from eating the paper.  
 
 
0

Member comments

You might also like