Laundry time again? With kids in the house, almost every day turns into laundry day. Those little clothes turn into a big pile pretty quickly! No worries — you'll get it done. Tackling this task is easier with an efficient routine that helps keep you and your family safe as well as clean. Here are some guidelines to follow:
Tips for Safe Storage
* Be sure to keep all laundry and clearning products out of your children's reach.
* You'll want to keep products in their original container, with the label intact.
* Make sure you always close the laundry container to avoid spills and unintended exposure.
* Put products away ASAP in their appropriate storage location after use. It is important to keep all laundry and cleaning products away from little ones.
Tips for Safe Use of Laundry Products
* When you're doing the laundry, make sure that you follow all recommended product instructions. Pay particular attention to all Caution, Warning, Danger, and Poison statements.
* If you spill or drop anything, clean it up right away.
* Always make sure your hands are dry if you use pac detergents. These detergents are made to dissolve in water, and you don’t want them to unintentionally dissolve in your hands.
* Wash your hands after doing laundry. And you'll need to wash any utensils or containers you use for measuring or dispensing products.
* Plan to do your laundry and other cleaning chores during your child's downtime (such as naptime), if possible. This can help ensure that your attention is not diverted while you're using laundry and cleaning products, and help avoid unintended exposure.
Tips for Safe Disposal
* Read the label and carefully follow the recommended product disposal information.
* Don't use empty detergent containers to store any other materials. And never put food or anything edible in a detergent container.
Just following these steps will help to keep your family and your home as safe as possible. It's also worthwhile to know what to do before unintended exposure happens. Be sure to read product safety information provided on the package. Most packages contain instructions that say:
Unintended exposure with laundry products usually causes no serious medical effects. If in eye(s), rinse immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice, as needed. If on skin or clothing, remove contaminated clothing and rinse skin well with water. If swallowed, drink a glass of water or milk and contact your local Poison Control Center or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
To request your Tide Pods tub over-the-lid re-sealable stickers click here.