Refreshments are a natural focal point for any party, so it’s a good idea to give special attention to your baby shower buffet or dinner table. What’s more, decorations don’t have to be elaborate or expensive. Hereare eight ways to create a beautiful table for displaying food and refreshments:
- A scattering of baby toys and nursery items make great baby shower table decorations. Use heavier items to anchor balloons. Place them in the corners or along the back of the buffet table, or in the center of the dinner table.
- Fill baby bottles with colorful candies, like jelly beans or M&M’s, or put crayons in baby food jars. You can also use baby bottles as flower vases. Fashion fun baby shower centerpieces by grouping together a bunch of baby bottles in different shapes and sizes and filling them with blossoms.
- Consider using framed baby pictures of the expectant mom, dad, and siblings as baby shower table decorations. Or gather baby pictures of your shower guests and use them as place cards at the dinner table.
- Baby shower centerpiecescan take many forms. Flowers and candles are lovely on any table. If you’re going for something more baby-centric, consider a gathering of stuffed animals, a gift basket of baby products, a collection of bath toys, a display of children’s books, or a toy castle for the little prince or princess. Ribbons and bows will also dress up any baby shower buffet.
- Pacifiers and rattles — anything with a ring — can be used to hold napkins.
- A quilt or sheet featuring a nursery pattern makes a unique tablecloth for a table. Floor-length linens tend to look best. Try using a large neutral tablecloth as a base, and then layer a smaller, more decorative piece on top.
- Don’t overlook the decorative power of food. When planning your menu, think about how individual foods will look when displayed as part of your presentation. Aim for a variety of different shapes, colors, and textures.
- Garnish makes a difference! Even the simplest display will look elegant and beautiful if you give some thought to presentation. Easy garnishes include sprigs of fresh herbs, cherry tomatoes, black or green olives, sliced fruit, fresh berries, a sprinkling of sesame seeds, a handful of chopped nuts, shaved chocolate, drizzled syrups, and a dusting of confectioners' sugar or cocoa powder.
Next up: Baby Shower Food & Drinks 101
You may also be interested in: