Never hesitate to raise any concern — no matter how trivial — when you have an appointment with your baby's health care provider.
At your child's 1-year visit, be sure to bring up any of these issues or behaviors if you've noticed them in your child:
Find out more about the 1-year wellness visit.
- He can't bear weight on his legs.
- He has one or both eyes still crossed, even part of the time.
- He doesn't use both hands equally.
- He doesn't use any real words or doesn't know his name.
- He isn't crawling or moving forward in some way.
- He has no fear of strangers or anxiety at separations. Fear and anxiety are normal reactions to these situations at this age.
- He doesn't point at things.
- He seems to have problems with his vision or hearing.
- He loses a skill he had before.