Five essentials every new mother needs to have
Purchasing gear and essentials for your new baby can be overwhelming and confusing. What do you really need? What can you leave off the list? Here are five absolute must-haves for all new moms.
- Baby carrier. A good-quality baby carrier is ideal for keeping your hands free while running errands or just moving around the house. It’s also cozy and soothing for your baby when she’s close to your body.
- Baby books. Story time is a wonderful way to bond with your baby, and reading to her builds listening and vocabulary skills.
- Changing pad. Any area of your home can be transformed into a diaper duty station with a changing pad, diapers and wipes. Wash the pad (and the cover) regularly, especially if gets stained during a diaper change.
- Diaper bag. Choose a spacious bag with a stroller attachment and easy-to-access compartments. Tip: You’re going to be hauling this bag around for a good couple of years, so go for something classic and versatile.
- Burp cloths. These will protect your outfit during each feeding. They also come in handy for wiping up messes or cleaning your baby’s sticky hands.