Diapering your baby is as much a part of parenting as feeding, even though it can sometimes be challenging at first. With a good knowledge of the diapering basics, you'll be able to keep your baby dry, comfortable, and ready to learn, sleep, or play.
1. Remove the used diaper and clean between the folds of baby’s skin with gentle diaper wipes, such as Pampers Sensitive Wipes. Remember to always wipe front to back.
2. Raise baby carefully by the ankles and slide a clean diaper underneath. The colorful markings should be on the front, facing you.
3. Close the diaper and adjust the stretchy tabs so it isn’t too tight or too loose, you should be able to fit two fingers snuggly between the diaper and her stomach.
- Your baby’s first poop will be a thick, greenish, almost tar-like substance called meconium. It can be tough to clean, but gentle baby wipes will help do the trick.
- Remember it’s important to check your baby’s diaper frequently, change after every poop, and after every nap or feed.
- Cover your baby boy’s penis with a diaper or burp cloth while changing him to prevent getting a surprise shower yourself.
- If you start to experience frequent leaks, it might be time to move up to the next diaper size.