Struggling to keep your baby calm? Parents are always concerned with the comfort of their kids. Try these surefire tricks to stop your little one crying.
You may have heard advice from friends and family on how to calm your crying baby, but sometimes it’s best to come up with your own comforting techniques. Give the following tricks a try.
- Make sure your baby is fed and dry. Of course a wet, hungry baby is going to cry. Once you’ve changed and fed him, it’ll be easier to calm him down.
- Hold your baby. Sometimes a crying baby just wants to be held. Just as you love your baby, he loves you too and wants to feel your touch.
- Rock your baby. The back-and-forth motion is comforting for your baby. It may just be the calming action he needs.
- Walk around the house. A little walk around your house might do the trick. A change in scenery is sometimes all it takes.
- Put on some music. Some gentle music may help ease his tears. The soft noise often helps distract your baby and calm his cries. Singing to him might also help.
- Rub or pat your baby’s back. As you hold your baby, try rubbing his back up and down, in a circular motion. You can also lightly pat his back. The rhythmic patting can mimic your heartbeat, which is a sound that your baby is used to from his time in the womb.
These soothing strategies can do wonders for stopping tears. Learning some good ways to comfort your baby will make you both feel better.