Pregnancy can be a stressful time and you can experience a wide range of emotions. It is normal for you to occasionally feel anxious or fed-up, but if pregnancy stress is causing symptoms like sleeplessness, headaches, loss of appetite, or food binges, then you need to find ways to relax and unwind. Remember, pregnancy stress affects not just you but your baby, too.
Here are some tips for dealing with stress:
- Evaluate your daily life and see where things could improve. Can you decrease your working hours? Can you get some help at home? Are there things that could be postponed until after the birth?
- Talk to someone about emotions in pregnancy. Sometimes just discussing things with a friend or your partner can help.
- Take a walk a few times a week. Exercise relieves tension.
- Take a warm bubble bath and listen to soothing music to reduce your stress.
- Learn a relaxation technique, like meditation, that will help you clear your mind and soothe your body.